Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Knock, Knock

Who's there?
Dinosaur Comics
Dinosaur Comics who?
No, no, that's it. Just Dinosaur Comics.
Oh ok, come on in.
Thanks. I don't suppose I could trouble you for a glass of water?
Oh, of course. Would you like some iced tea instead? I just made a jug.
Oh that'd be delightful.
...
...

Oh, where were we? That's right, I was going to tell you about Dinosaur Comics. It's entirely possible that you've heard of it/them before, as it has/they have been around for a while now. Absolutely hilarious. It's the same art every for every comic, only the dialogue is changed. You may be thinking that it would get old fast, but it doesn't. The writing is so fabulous that it makes up for the lack of change in art. No, it doesn't just make up for it, it makes the lack of change in the art make sense. You just have to read a few of these to get the idea.

So, if you aren't hip to the world of web comics, then Dinosaur Comics is a great entry point.

For some more comedic web comics, check out Xkcd. Also funny, but can be slightly esoteric at times (just slightly).

For a slightly more serious web comic, yet also funny as well, Questionable Content is great. Great art, great writing, and a great story.

So yeah, those are just a few to get you started. I'm sure you'll become as addicted as I am. And if not, then I suppose you have more of a life than I do.

2 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Blunt Cogs was a lot of fun. Unfortunately not enough writers got involved so it faded out

Apex Zombie said...

I just went to the site, and someone is posting again.

I was interested in Blunt Cogs for a while there, but I just stopped reading.

I'm kind of interested in doing a webcomic at the mo', but I have no ideas for a premise/storyline :D