Saturday, May 10, 2008

Savage -Swing (remix ft. Soulja Boy)

So we've heard lots of news around the blogs about Savage doing great on the US iTunes, and that his single "Swing" would be getting remixed, and someone would be jumping on the track with him. Well, turns out it was ultimate love-to-hate/hate-to-love artist today, Soulja Boy.

Here's the track:


Personally, I never really liked the original song in the first place, and Soulja Boy's presence doesn't make it any better. In fact his little intro thing completely puts me off from the beginning. And what's this "Oh na na?"

My final word on the track is if it's making a New Zealand artist some money, then I'm all for it. So go ahead Savage, and make your money.

4 comments:

word2yomutha said...

I have no idea who savage is, never heard the original and am only familiar with soulja boy because we were all force fed his superman or whatever song but hmmm...After listening I'm contemplating adding this to my workout playlist because its undeniably got the right kinda beat to get you moving....

Apex Zombie said...

Well, I'm glad you've found a use for it :)

Anonymous said...

My wife and I moved back to the states about 2 1/2 years ago after living in NZ for 1 1/2 years. It is CRAZY to be hearing Savage's SWING hitting the airwaves over here. I didn't know what to expect, but the Hip Hop scene in NZ was PoPpIn! Been pushing King Kapeezi (sorry about the spelling) and those ScReW LoOsE kats from FRONT LINE since we got back. Got to visit Japan since and talk about trip ass HIP HOP!!!!

Peace, love and happiness from a "yank" who knows that NZ Hip Hop is alive and KICKIN!

Mike G

Apex Zombie said...

G'day. Cheers for dropping a comment :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed our Hip Hop while over here :)

Peace.