Sunday, January 27, 2008

What do I Expect from this Blog?

So another post inspired by Kim's post. This time it answers the meme question, and hopefully much quicker as I'm really tired right now, but I'm trying to keep up my goal of making a post a day for a month or so.

Okay, first off, lets get back to the beginning. Here is where the original meme started.

Terry, the originator of the meme, points out that the question itself, while similar on the surface to "Why do I blog?", is a bit different.

You might blog for many reasons, everything from personal expression to monetization. But if those are your reasons then how do you measure if you’ve met them? If on any given day only 2% of the blogosphere produces posts, what unmet expectations are causing the other 98% to sit dormant?

So with that in mind, I'll try to answer.

By keeping this blog, I expect my writing to improve. I think this may be a recent development, but I'm definitely aware that I'd like to be able to better convey my thoughts, whether that be succinctly or with more detail. So I expect by continuing to write, that this will improve.

I expect people to enjoy reading this blog. This relates partly to my previous post about why I blog. To entertain. Therefore it is my expectation that people should enjoy it. If they don't, then I'm failing to meet my expectations.

I expect to get comments. Again this relates back to my previous post. It was definitely a bad start to the day today (but it ended up being okay ;)). If I don't get comments, then no one's enjoying it enough to reply, and I'm failing my expectations.

I do expect this blog to take some time to get some readership. I've only JUST reopened it, so it'll take a while before anything to happen, IF anything happens :D

That's about it really. I don't expect to make any money from it. I don't expect to change peoples lives. I just expect this blog to give back what I put into it, I suppose.

Now, per the rules I'm supposed to choose 5 people to tag:

So here are the rules:
  1. Answer the question, “What do you expect from your blog?” and try to be as specific as possible. Avoid warm-fuzzy answers unless that really is your thing. Link back to the blog who tagged you so your readers can check others’ answers.
  2. Tag at least five bloggers with the same question.

I'll take Cmae, Meredith, Chris Maples, Marshy and... Urban Chick. If you don't feel like participating, then I completely understand. Or if you weren't tagged, and you want to do it anyway, then by all means go ahead. I did :D

4 comments:

Urban Chick said...

I did the meme.

Apex Zombie said...

Cheers Urban Chick :D

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tag! Keep your eyes peeled for my response :-D

Apex Zombie said...

Will do!